State professional educator CERTIFICATE RENEWAL
IMPORTANT: This application is only for those renewing their state issued professional certificates.
Please leave the Inservice Credit field (#17 & #18) blank.
Do not submit application for renewal unless you are in your last year of the validity period.
- Six semester hours of college credit, or its equivalent (120 inservice points), must be earned during each renewal period in order to renew your certificate.
- Sixty (60) inservice points in an approved Florida master inservice program are equivalent to three (3) semester hours of college credit.
- A passing numerical score on the Florida subject area test specific to the coverage to be renewed is equivalent to three (3) semester hours of college credit for renewal purposes.
- A valid certificate issued by the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards corresponding to at least one subject on the Florida certificate equates to six semester hours of renewal credit.
- Teaching a college level course at an acceptable institution may be accepted the same as credit earned for that course.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE RENEWALS AFTER 7/1/2014
Anyone renewing a Florida professional certificate after July 1, 2014, will be required to obtain one college credit or 20 inservice points in the area of teaching students with disabilities (SWD) per (FS 1012.585). This will not increase the total needed to meet renewal requirements (six semester hours/120 inservice points to renew a certificate with four or less coverages).
- The 20 inservice point SWD training requirement pertains to Florida Department of Education certificate holders.
- There are no exemptions from meeting this requirement. Regardless of your certification, your degree major or your current teaching assignment the SWD training must be completed.
To Download Application Click HERE